Does IT drive you crazy? Do find yourself wanting throw your laptop out of the window? I certainly do from time to time but, unfortunately, we have no option. IT is now an integral part of doing business today so we may as well try to make the most of it.
To this end I’ve put together a compilation of the best of the hints and tips that I’ve provided in my blog over the past few years. Some of these will help you speed up your keyboard work. Others may even save you money. So read on…
- Solve windows problems with Windows System Restore – got a problem on your Windows computer? Follow this tip and it may just solve your problem. It’s easy and it’s pretty risk free.
- Make web links look pretty in Microsoft Word Documents – Occasionally we all need to add web links into documents. Some links can be long and ugly. Take this one for example – http://anysite.org.uk/component/virtuemart/?page=shop.product_details&product_id=17&flypage=myproduct_flypage.tpl&pop=0); its an example from a real link. This tip will explain how you can include this kind of link and still keep your document looking neat and professional.
- Use computer shortcuts to make you more efficient – Some of these will save you time and effort.
- Format and distribute Bulk Email – Do you send out email to a large distribution list? What do you use to do that? Outlook? If you do, you shouldn’t. This tip will explain what you should do.
- Use Google Image Search – Dod you know that you can present an image to Google and it will find examples of the same or similar images? This tip explains how to do it. It also explains how you can use this to search for products in Google that you can find through normal search.
- Copy images from your monitor screen – Want to take an image displayed on the screen and include it in a document? This tip explains how.
- Resurrect a dead laptop – Before you take it to the shop to be repaired, try this. It works most of the time.
- Edit images like a pro – Use these tips to learn how you can easily edit images so you can include them in documents. Also explains how to reduce the size of image files; useful if you send images via email.
- Set up and send formatted HTML emails from Outlook – If you do send mail shots from Outlook this will explain how you can create and send, professional looking, formatted emails without recourse to expensive software or mailing services.
- Use keyboard shortcut keys to speed up your writing and more here. Keyboard shortcuts can save you time and reduce frustration by replacing mouse operations by keyboard key combinations.
You can find all these tips and more in my blog.