So you’ve optimized your site until there’s nothing left to do? You’ve optimized all the landing pages as much as you can? And you’re getting a ton of visitors to your site? But still your bounce rate (the visitor leaves your site without visiting any other page) is as high as Ozzy Osbourne in the 70’s. What’s the problem?
Have you looked at the keywords you used to optimize your site? Getting the keywords right is absolutely crucial to your SEO. If you’re targeting the wrong people they will find your site with a search, find the search result attractive enough to click through to your site, but then realize that your company is not offering what they’re looking for.
So before you even think about making SEO changes to your site:
- Think carefully who your target audience is. Even if you’ve hired an SEO expert you need to do this yourself. Nobody knows your company and your customers like you do.
- Put yourself in your customers’ shoes and think what keywords you would use to search.
- Ask friends and colleagues to do the same.
- Spend a lot of time doing the above.
- Then continue with your SEO.
Remember it’s better to have 10 visitors per day who are really interested in what you’re offering than 1000 a day who aren’t.
Don’t just think visitors think relevant visitors!